2/11/2007

TAKING A SPIN IN NORTHERN LAZIO

"I look for abandoned empty houses so that I can fill them with my imagination..."
Tonino Guerra.

The countryside of Northern Lazio between Lake Bolsena and the river Tiber is a very charming part of Italy. This area is still out of the major touristic routes even if very close to the popular towns of Orvieto and Todi.

Very small, and often almost abandoned, villages lay on this hilly land like stars in a constellation... and visitors would need passion and a good map to navigate this sky! But around every bend of these charming Italian country roads you can discover a treasure.

It is by chance, during a spin on my own on a very fine Winter day, that I got lost between the rinkles of time and land, and arrived in the towns of Roccalvecce and Celleno at only about 20 minutes drive North of Viterbo.

I think that the feeling I had today, is very close to what a time-traveler would feel when coming out of his time-machine.

I would encourage every traveler to visit this beautiful, and still isolated, part of Italy.

For more information on day trips to Northern Lazio please contact us at nerone@nerone.cc or visit our website: www.nerone.cc (Nerone Made to Measure Tours in Italy)

The pictures are taken in Celleno (in the Province of Viterbo, Northern Lazio)

No comments: